Two weeks ago I posted about my reading plan, and mentioned that I’d be posting a list of my favorite books from the past year…well, here it is! One note…not all of the books on this list were published this year. Two of the best weekends to be in Ithaca are during the Friends of the Library Book Sale . Each time I go I end up carrying out at least a box of books, so some of the ones on this list have been out a couple of years, but I just read them this year.
In the new year, one of my goals is to do a quick review of the books that I’ve read/listened to. For, now however, I’m just going to give you the list in reverse order.
Alright, so here we go:
10. Axiom: Powerful Leadership Proverbs, by Bill Hybels
9. Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us, by Seth Godin (Audio Book)
8. Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery, by Garr Reynolds (Kindle)
5. How The Mighty Fall: And Why Some Companies Never Give In, by Jim Collins (Audio Book)
4. The Starbucks Experience, by Joseph Michelli
3. Fierce Leadership: A Bold Alternative to the Worst “Best” Practices of Business Today, by Susan Scott (Audio Book)
This one was one of those I listened to on audio book & realize, I need to get a copy so I can mark it up. I also ordered her book Fierce Conversations and am going to have our entire leadership read through it.
2. Killing Cockroaches: And Other Scattered Musings on Leadership, by Tony Morgan (Kindle)
(please note, all the links are for the Ithaca Vineyard’s Amazon affiliate programs meaning Amazon returns a percentage of any sales containing our “tag” back to the Vineyard)
So that’s my list. Anything you would have added? Any books you are excited about reading in the new year?