Well, I have had my annual battle with some type of poisonous plant, so I have spent the week itchy from the rash, and tired from all of the Benedryl. Last night I got home from work and fell asleep. Woke up around 8:15 pm, and then fell back asleep around 10 until 6:30. Thankfully, the swelling has gone down & the rash isn’t quite as disgusting looking as it has been. And thanks to a woman in our church, I’ve finally figured out what the culprit is (thanks Julie!). There is a weed growing around the stairs at the back of the church, I decided to pull it all out with out gloves. When I had this a couple of years ago, I went to the doctor, he looked at one of the areas & said, “that is impressive!” I don’t know about you, but those are words I never want to hear from my doctor.
So, after a whole week of being gone, here is my weekly Friday Data dump:
- First the big news…We learned recently that Moses, our director of operations will be leaving us at the end of July. He is planning on going back to school to get his master’s and in the meantime will be working in the midwest. Over the next couple months we’ll be working with Moses to figure out how best to replace him once he leaves (not that you could ever replace Moses:-) Please be praying for Moses as he prepares for this next stage of life…we will miss him.
- Due to some unforeseen issues, our enewsletter did not get sent out this week. We’ll have the problem fixed for next week.
- This Sunday’s message was supposed to be on the daily office & sabbath, but in order to give fair treatment to both of these items we are breaking them up over the next two weeks. So this Sunday we’ll go over the daily office & next week Sabbath. Although we’ve never done a whole message on it, practicing the daily office, has been one of the most transformative practices I’ve experienced.
- Did I mention that I’m really itchy…
- and that Benedryl makes my head foggy?
- There is an open house at our place this weekend. If it doesn’t sell soon, we’re going to need to reevaluate our plans…prayer would be greatly appreciated.
- Looks like my ride is here…so until next week….have a great weekend & maybe I’ll see you at the IthacaFest.